Business & Innovation Centre - Cap Alpha - Life sciences
The Cap Alpha incubator is located in Clapiers, north of Montpellier. Close to research centres and universities, it hosts companies in the life sciences field (healthcare, agronomy and greentech).
- Labelled BIC, Business and Innovation Centre in 1987 by the European Community,
- Elected best incubator in 2007 by NBIA (National Business Incubation Association)
- Certified ISO 2001 in 2009 by AFNOR (Association Française de Normalisation),
- Labelled Soft Landings for the support of foreign companies,
- Only French incubator in the TOP 10 worldwide of incubators in the UBI index rankings in 2014.
The BIC, with its 3 incubation sites in Cap Alpha, Cap Oméga and the MIBI, supports innovative business creators and helps them transform their business project into a success.
Who can the BIC support?
All business creators who have a good idea and a skill! Innovation involves more than the technological dimension. It lies in everything that a decisive and long-term competitive advantage compared to existing products and services can provide the future company: an especially innovative service, a new business model, an exclusive process, etc.
Types of property
In a 3,500 m² building, laboratory, workshop and office spaces are offered for rent.
- 600 m² of biotech laboratories, including an equipped shared laboratory (freezer -80°, autoclave, washery).
- 400 m² of workshops
- 1,300 m² of offices and open spaces
Location and access
- 17 minutes away from the A9 motorway.
- 25 minutes away from the St Roch train station and the TGV Sud de France high-speed train station
- 26 minutes away from the Montpellier airport.
- Serviced by bus lines 9 and 36
3,500 m² including 600 m² of biotech laboratories, including an equipped shared laboratory (freezer -80°, autoclave, washery), 400 m² of workshops, 1,300 m² of offices and open spaces
Technical characteristics and services
Incubator fully renovated since 2003 in a GreenTech building.
- A dedicated coach
- Operational programmes to help you develop marketing and sales
- Specific support in how to access public and private funding
- Privileged access to business network and fast integration in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Incubation sites conceived for startups
- Adaptable and flexible leases (in terms of conditions, dates, payment dates, etc.)
- Shared facilities: reception, telephony, IT, security, meeting rooms, 150-person conference room, 2 meeting rooms equipped with multimedia, high bandwidth Internet and WiFi
Offices from 15 to 45 m²: €170 ex tax/year
Open spaces: €140 ex tax/m²/year
Workshops, equipped or not: from €77 ex tax/m²/year
Labs or biotech platforms from €156 ex tax/m²/year
No security deposit payable, property tax exempt, maintenance of common areas included
By using our investor support service, you will confidentially and within 48 hours, receive comprehensive information on each item needed to set up your project in France.