Public funding & incentives
France offers attractive funding opportunities and business incentives at national and local levels for various sectors and for all stages of a company’s development.
A comprehensive range of funding opportunities and business incentives
Support from national and local authorities can take various forms and, depending on your project, you may benefit from the following support:
- Grants for investment, recruitment and innovation projects
- Subsidized or interest-free loans
- Tax incentives (research tax credit, employment tax credit and other tax breaks)
- Identification of equity investment opportunities (venture capital, growth capital, etc.)
- Funding for specific expenses (training costs, etc.)
Focus on the Research Tax Credit
France’s Research Tax Credit scheme is one the leading innovation incentives in Europe. It covers 30% of all R&D expenses (up to € 100 million) regardless of the size, business sector and nationality of the company. Salaries for research staff are wholly integrated, plus 50% of R&D operating costs and 75% of investments in R&D operations.
How to find the suitable funding sources
Our team will help you to find the suitable funding sources depending on your project.
Available support depends on various criteria such as:
- Size of the company (start-up, SME, large company, etc.),
- Type of investment project (real estate, R&D, buyout, etc.),
- Business sector (industry, renewable energy, digital, etc.),
- Number of jobs created and/or maintained
We will discuss your project and its main features – in a free and confidential way – to review the most suitable options. Our team will connect you with the relevant partners to help you go through the processes.
Securing your project’s success through multichannel support
Funding your project may require support from multiple stakeholders. Our experts can therefore connect you with several public and private stakeholders: the State, local and regional authorities, business angels, industrial partners, the Public Investment Bank (Bpifrance), specialized organizations, etc.
By using our investor support service, you will confidentially and within 48 hours, receive comprehensive information on each item needed to set up your project in France.